Friday, August 18, 2006

I fell off my horse

Last night I did my first Show Jumping comp. It was just our BBC Riding Club and very informal comp at Trent Park. I was really excited esp after last Sunday's X Country efforts and I was also jumping at intermediate level, 2' 3". I had never jumped a show jumping course before & I was worried about remembering which order to jump them in.

I went around the fisrt time ok, but there were a few scarry moments. You have just enough time to catch your breath (I forget to breath the whole way round) and the bell goes for you to start again.
On the second round I felt much more confident and stable plus was more familiar with the course. As I approach jump 6 I thought she was going to jump, but she put an extra short step in so I went over and fell off. I was fine just my ego was bruised and I was a little shacky. But I got back on and finished jumps 7 & 8 to come 2nd and win a rosette!

Trent Park where I ride every Thursday evening...
http://www.trentpark.com/TPEC/Content/About.asp

No comments: