Thursday, August 24, 2006

William & I are planning to get Married!


William & I are planning to get married!
We talked about it last Tue and I was then kinda hoping we could get married while both our parents are in the country with a little civil ceremony, but alas the home office are not of the romantic mind and there are forms!! (Plus that would no doubt be a world record)

Anyway William bought the ring on Thursday and gave it to me. I love it!!
It is an antique, Victorian 1880's ring in Old gold and and old cut 1K diamond.

A Betrothal is a promise to marry and living together as married and both parents agreeing the marriage and then getting the paperwork sorted out at some point. So not a down on one knee asking for my hand engagement style, but as soon as dad arrived from Australia on Sat night William took him to the pub for his first pint and to do the traditional thing and ask permission.

We had told Rosie & Anastasia on Sat morning so that they would know before everyone started congratulating and carrying on, but as predicted the news didn't go down very well with poor Rosie. She is a deep thinker and will take time, but she just doesn't want her daddy to marry anyone. She did then ask to be my flower girl which is nice. Anastasia on the other hand is very excited and wants me in a big puffy dress with a pumpkin carriage and horses! (Oh to be 6)
We were having a BBQ on Sunday anyway so our parents could meet & we told everyone else then, or rather Anastasia did! I have been so busy with Mum & Dad over visiting so I am now in a bit of shock from it all and hoping to calm down a bit.

We haven't set a date, I am keen for something small and soon and William big and next year...

No comments: